Monday, January 12, 2009

Art Out of the Box is the afterschool enrichment class I will be teaching and I am so excited! It is an interdisciplinary art class with the focus being on enhancing each child's natural creativity and building their confidence in their own Artistic Expression!



The motivation for this class is to have my children take classes like I took as a child with my Art/Dance Teacher and Mentor Linda Z Smith. I spent a week last summer with Linda absorbing Not Just Vanilla as an adult and in preparation to teach something similar. NJV is in my blood, I just "get it", and I think my Art out of the Box version will be great! I think I will enjoy it as much as kids- if not more.



I have so many ideas floating around in my head, and a week before the class starts- time to lasso them into an organized state.



I also am thankful for my Creativity Coach - Susan, spending the time with her to focus on my creativity on a regular basis and make it more of a priority has lead me to finally make the leap to do this class and other great things that have just been floating around in my head!

No comments: